HOW TO STAY AWAKE IN MEETINGS: (OFFERED AS A PUBLIC SERVICE)
Do you keep falling asleep in meetings and seminars? What about those long
and boring conference calls? Here's a way to change all of that.
1. Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar, or conference call,
prepare yourself by drawing a square. I find that 5' x 5' is a good
size. Divide the card into columns - five across and five down. That will
give you 25 one-inch blocks.
2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block:
* strategic fit
* core competences
* best practice
* bottom line
* to tell you the truth (or 'the truth is')
* out of the loop
* think outside the box
* fast track
* empower (or empowerment)
* knowledge base
* at the end of the day
* touch base
* client focus(ed)
* game plan
3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words/phrases.
4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand
up and shout ' BULLSHIT !'
' ' '
Testimonials from satisfied players:
'I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I won.' - Adam,Atlanta
'My attention span at meetings has improved dramatically.' - David , Florida
'What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me after my first win.' -
Dan , New York City
'The atmosphere was tense in the last process meeting as 14 of us waited for
the fifth box.' - Ben, Denver
'The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed 'BULLSHIT!' for the third
time in two hours.' - Paul, Cleveland
Email straight to your blog, upload jokes, photos and more. Windows Live Spaces, it's FREE!